Monday, April 13, 2009

Preparing for Easter

Saturday was all about preparing for Easter. I got up with Peyton Saturday morning and while Kyle was still sleeping, Peyton and I had arts and crafts time. Peyton colored in his Sesame Street coloring book while I made him a bunny ears hat. I was kind of shocked that they didn't do any Easter projects in daycare all last week. In fact, they haven't even done any spring themed projects yet either. So, I took it upon myself to do an art project with Peyton to celebrate the holiday. This is what we made:

While Peyton was taking his nap in the afternoon, I prepared a few things for Sunday's dinner. I made Kyle's mom's death by chocolate, which my family has grown to enjoy very much. I also made Aunt Bev's broccoli salad, which I enjoy very much!

After Peyton woke up from his nap, we dyed our Easter eggs. Peyton had a good time dropping the eggs into the cups of dye. I really can't believe it, but none of them cracked. Here are some pictures from the egg-dying fun.


Finally, after Peyton went to bed Saturday night, Kyle and I moved the sofa from our living room into our family room to make space for the extra tables that we needed to set up for dinner on Sunday. Let me tell you, that sofa is heavy! We set up the two extra tables and all of the chairs, put the table cloths on, and set the table with dishes and silver plastic-ware. We wanted to get as much done as we could so that we could just focus on cooking and having fun on Sunday.
Stay tuned for a post about Easter... coming soon.

No comments: