Sunday, June 14, 2009

Lots O' Kids

Our nephew (and Godson!) Noah got baptised on Sunday, so most of Kyle's family came into town for that. Kate, Dave, and Noah live in Virgina, about an hour from us. Kyle's brother Ryan, his wife Becky, and their girls Lindsey and Sara stayed with us for the weekend while they were here. They left Indiana after Ryan got off work on Wednesday evening and arrived at our house around 4:30 am. I (being the champion sleeper that I am) did not hear them come in, so I didn't see them until Thursday morning when I left for work.

Thursday, Kyle stayed home from work and we kept Peyton home from daycare so that they could hang out. They all decided to meet up with Kate and Noah for lunch halfway between the two houses. I heard that Peyton was very excited to see Noah again. Duh.

I tried to leave work early, but was so busy that I only got out of there about a half-hour early. We had spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. After dinner, the kids just played in the living room with all of Peyton's toys. I think at one point almost every one of his toys was on the floor! It was quite loud too! They all had fun playing with each other though. Here are some pictures.

Peyton, Sara, and Lindsey
Pretty Sara
Silly Lindsey
Bust-a-move Peyton
On Friday, Kyle and I both went to work. Ryan and Becky planned to go to Virginia to spend the day with Kate and Noah so that they could have some time to love on him without a ton of people around. I left work an hour early, but no one was home yet, so that was kind of a waste. But I did get to spend some alone time with Peyton and that was nice.

We cooked some ham, mashed potatoes, corn, and salad for dinner. Everyone ate well, so we took a trip over to our community playground after dinner. I know I've posted a million pictures of Peyton at the playground, so everyone knows what it looks like by now, but at least the girls are in the pictures to mix it up a bit!
Sara climbing the steps to the slide
Lindsey sliding
Peyton sliding
And Sara sliding
Cousins (Peyton has his arm around Lindsey... too cute!)
My love
Daredevil Sara
The kids got worn out from playing, so we headed back home and everyone eventually settled into bed.

I have more to talk about from the weekend, but I'll save it for another post. Stay tuned!

No comments: