Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Easter Dinner

As usual, we hosted Easter dinner at our house. This year, we had 17 people -- my dad's side of the family and Kyle's sister Kate and her family. Here are my cuties dressed in their Easter best.
My parents came over before everyone else to watch the boys so that Kyle and I could cook and set the table without distractions. They, of course, came bearing gifts. Hunter couldn't wait to dig into his bags.
Grandmom read Peyton his card.
And then he started to open his gifts. Peyton got lots of summer clothes, some workbooks, and Madagascar 2 on DVD.
Hunter really wanted to eat his marshmallow lollipop right away.
Hunter also got lots of summer clothes, a Sesame Street DVD, Peter Cottontail DVD, and some books.
Kate, Dave, and Noah arrived next. We got Noah a Cookie Monster Play-Doh set because he is our godson.
Aunt Kate and Uncle Dave gave Hunter some rattles and the Pat the Bunny book, which must taste good.
They gave Peyton some sidewalk chalk and a box of Mickey Mouse coloring pages with markers.
My parents gave Jeremy, Jill, Kyle, and I tickets to the DC101 Chili Cook-off. It's a big concert to benefit the National Kidney Foundation.
The boys also got gifts from Kim and Bo, Nadean and Vester, and Aunt Bev. Every holiday is like Christmas in our family. It is sort of ridiculous how spoiled my kids are!

For dinner we had the usual -- ham, ravioli, meatballs and sausage, cracker corn, and broccoli salad. For dessert, I made the ever popular Death by Chocolate and a black bottom banana cream pie. Kate made the most adorable Easter basket cupcakes and Kim made yummy lemon bars and cheesecake bars. I think everyone was stuffed after dinner. Everyone hung out and chatted while Peyton, Hunter, and Noah played with toys. As everyone left, we gave out leftovers but we still ended up with a ton of food. I'd say it was another successful Easter dinner.

No comments: