Thursday, May 26, 2011

Chili Cook-Off

My parents gave Jeremy, Jill, Kyle and I tickets to the DC101 Chili Cook-off for Easter. It is (obviously) a chili cook-off, but also a big concert featuring several bands. It is located on one of the parking lots of RFK stadium in Washington, DC. This year, Cook-off was on May 21. It was a gorgeous day, very sunny and in the upper 80s. I'm just happy it wasn't raining like the last time we went to Cook-off. That sucked.

There were seven bands playing. The four of us decided that we really didn't care about Neon Trees, Middle Class Rut, and Paper Tongues, so we left our house later in the afternoon. We wanted to get to Cook-off in time to see Panic! At the Disco, but there was a little mishap with some tickets, but I'm not going to call anyone out on that (*cough* Jeremy and Jill *cough). We were entering the gates just as Panic! was finishing up their set. Oh well...

Papa Roach was up next. They seem to play at the Chili Cook-off often, and Kyle and I have seen them three times. Seether was the next band to perform. During Seether, I started feeling pretty sick. I don't handle the heat well and I felt like I was going to throw up, so we went toward the back of the parking lot where there were fewer people and sat down for a little while. Then we walked around a bit and I felt better. The last band, who I wanted to see the most, was Weezer. We found a spot on a grassy area that was in the shade. We couldn't see the stage, but there were less people and we could actually feel the breeze. I think we stayed for about 13 of Weezer's songs, but Kyle was getting hungry and Jeremy and Jill looked like they might fall asleep at any moment, so I gave in and we left early. I missed my two favorite songs that Weezer sings, but it's ok.

Here are a few pictures from the day.

Kyle and I

Jeremy and Jill
All of us!

No comments: