Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

First of all, I'd like to wish my own Dad a very happy Father's Day!

Even though Sundays are usually my sleep-in day, I let Kyle sleep in today since it was Father's Day. At least Peyton slept until around 8:30 this morning, which was much better than the 6:30 he decided to wake up at yesterday. Kyle got up around 11:00. When Kyle came downstairs, Peyton excitedly yelled, "Happy Father's Day!"


Kyle cut his hair and shaved his beard this morning. Whenever he does that, Peyton loves to pet his head and face. He says, "Daddy, I like your cheeks."

Peyton gave Kyle his Father's Day gifts. Kyle got a gift card from my parents.

Peyton gave Kyle a really cute card that he made at daycare. The front was supposed to have a sailboat on it, but Peyton prefers the Picasso method of art and there was just two sails, the mast, and the bottom of the boat randomly glued on the paper. On the inside was a picture of Peyton wearing a sailor's hat, his hand print, and the words, "I'd said the seven seas for you, Daddy."

For his real gift, we got Kyle season 7 of the show 24. It is one of his favorite shows and he has all of the other seasons, so we thought we'd add to his collection. I hope he liked it!

Peyton looks quite excited about the gift, even though he had no idea what it was.

Kyle spent the rest of the day doing normal Sunday things - relaxing, folding laundry, and playing with Peyton.
Kyle, you are a fabulous father and Peyton (and Hunter) is very lucky to be able to call you his daddy!

No comments: