Sunday, June 20, 2010

Baby Shower

On Monday, my co-workers threw me a baby shower. My boss "organized" the shower by delegating other people to do all of the work. That's how he operates though, so it is to be expected. It was a very nice gesture. My friend Wah-Wah sent out the invitations and was in charge of the decorations. Our department's secretary, Toni, ordered the food from the caterer.

The shower took place at lunch time in a conference room. Everyone wanted to take so many pictures of me! Here I am before the shower officially started.

And here is the food. There was a platter of roll-ups, a platter of sandwiches, Asian noodle salad, potato salad, and vegetables with dip. Everything was delicious.

This cake was great! Notice the misspelling of the word "family." Haha. It was a three layer cake. There were two layers of chocolate cake and one layer of yellow cake. Instead of regular icing, the cake was frosted with Cool Whip. It was so so so good.

After everyone was full, I opened my gifts.

Hunter got three outfits. This one was especially cute. On the onesie it says "Beary Cute" and there is a little bear on the butt of the pants. Adorable.

The whole group also pitched in to give me a gift card and some cash. Everyone was very generous!

We just chatted and hung out for a while. It was a nice break to the day. Thanks everyone for thinking of Hunter and I!

No comments: