Sunday, July 12, 2009

Kyle's Birthday Weekend

Kyle's birthday was Saturday. Friday evening, Peyton and I made Kyle some birthday brownies, since Kyle isn't a fan of cake. Peyton helped me pour the mix, water, and oil into the bowl. Then he helped me stir the brownie batter. He was a big help and did a good job.

Saturday morning, we sang "Happy Birthday" to Kyle so that he could blow out a candle. I sang the song to Kyle, but then when I was finished singing it, Peyton tried to sing it too. He actually had the tune down and almost said the words correctly too. Instead of "Happy Birthday," Peyton will say "Happy Day." I guess it's just too many syllables for him to say it the correct way. It's cute though.

Next, we gave Kyle his presents. Last weekend, Kyle went and bought a new laptop and that was the big part of his gift. Peyton got Kyle a new wallet and some new polo shirts. Peyton picked out the shirts himself.

Kyle chose to go to PF Changs for his birthday dinner. My parents, Kate, Dave, and Noah met us there. Jeremy and Jill couldn't make it because Jeremy had his ACL surgery the day before, and therefore couldn't walk and Jill stayed home to take care of him. We missed them though! We told Peyton we were going to eat and that Grandmom, Pop-Pop, Aunt Kate, Uncle Dave, and Noah were going to be there. For a good portion of the car ride to the restaurant, Peyton chanted, "No-ah! No-ah! No-ah!" Too funny.

Luckily, we made reservations, and only had to wait 5 minutes for our table to be ready. We were at dinner for a good 2 1/2 hours because we ate four courses! It was sooo good too. Kyle and I each had egg drop soup, chicken lettuce wraps, an entree, and one of those mini-shot glass desserts. Peyton ate like a champ. He ate a good portion of his own chicken lo mien, some of my soup, some of the chicken from the lettuce wraps, 5 pieces of my sweet and sour chicken, and some cheesecake and berries that Grandmom and Pop-Pop shared with him.
All of us at dinner
Noah was passed around between everyone, and even took a brief nap during dinner. Peyton got another chance to hold him. Obviously, Peyton was more excited than Noah. Haha.
My dad bought (another!) new car. We went over to look at it before we left the restaurant. It's a Pontiac Solstice, and it is really cute. By the time we got home, it was Peyton's bed time. Kyle and I hung out for a little bit, and then he left to go to a friend's house to watch the UFC fights. I think he had a good birthday.
On Sunday, we took a trip to the mall so that Kyle could exchange one of the shirts that we bought him for his birthday because it was too big. While we were there, I bought *gasp* a bathing suit for our vacation next week. Yes, I was just going to wear clothes to the beach, but I was finally convinced to get a bathing suit. (Trust me, there won't be any pictures of that.)
The rest of the day, we just hung out at home and played with Peyton. Kyle and I were letting him ride around on our backs while we were down on our hands and knees. Then, Peyton wanted Kyle and I to ride him. He makes me laugh so much.

No comments: