Saturday, March 20, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

Wednesday was St. Patrick's Day. My mom hooked Peyton up with lots of green gear for him to wear. She got him some shamrock antennae (not pictured), a shamrock tie, a pin that says "I'm Irish! How luck can I be?", and some Goodluck Bear stickers. Aunt Bev supplied the leprechaun hat and he got the green lei at daycare. Here's Peyton in all of his green stuff.

To celebrate St. Patrick's Day, Peyton and I baked a green cake. He loves to bake with me! Peyton helped by dumping all of the ingredients into the bowl. Well, in the case of the water, most of it made it into the bowl but some of it missed and hit the counter instead.

Peyton even helped me use the mixer to mix the cake batter.

I think Peyton's favorite part though was getting to lick the beater after the cake was mixed. He had cake batter all over his face when he was done.

We baked the cake before dinner so that it could have time to cool so that we could frost it and eat it for an evening snack. Peyton asked about every five minutes or so through dinner and after dinner if it was time to eat the cake yet. Finally it was cool enough and we mixed up some green icing and frosted the cake. Here's our finished product. It tasted really good too!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

1 comment:

FALSE said...

so cute! sounds like you guys had the best time!