Monday, March 15, 2010

Adventures in Two Kids

Kyle and I babysat Noah over the weekend so that Kate and Dave could go out by themselves to celebrate Kate's birthday. Peyton was looking forward to Noah coming over all week! Kate and Dave dropped Noah off around 6:00 on Saturday. It was Noah's dinner time, so Kyle fed him his baby food. Peyton entertained Noah in between bites by playing peek-a-boo. Peyton can always make Noah laugh.

After Noah was finished with his mixed vegetables and chicken, it was time for him to eat his bottle. I poured the formula in with the water and Peyton helped me shake the formula up. He did anything he could to be a big helper.

When Kyle fed Noah his bottle, Peyton wanted to help with that too, of course. Peyton helped hold the bottle.

After dinner, Peyton and Noah played on the floor with Peyton's toys. I think they pulled out pretty much every toy that Peyton has. Here's a picture of the boys playing with the characters on Sesame Street.

Noah was pretty fascinated with Peyton's Elmo restaurant. He spent a lot of time just opening and closing the Oscar refrigerator door. I guess it was quite entertaining.

Noah goes to bed earlier than Peyton, so of course Peyton wanted to help with that process too. We took Noah upstairs and changed him into his pajamas. The pajamas that Kate packed for Noah were a little wet from a leaky cup of water, so Peyton let Noah borrow a pair of his. Even though Peyton's pajamas were 2T, they just about fit Noah. They were just a little long.
I read Noah his bedtime story, but Peyton wanted in on the action. This is how I picture my future when #2 comes.

Sunday morning the boys slept in until almost 9:30, so that was nice. Kyle got up with them, but Peyton needed his breathing treatment, so I got up too to entertain Noah. Stinks that I didn't get my sleep in day, but that's ok! Having the practice of dealing with two kids at the same time was worth it. Kyle got Noah up first, then went in to get Peyton. Peyton was so excited to see Noah and said, "Yay! Noah's here!" So cute.
I took Noah downstairs to give him breakfast while Kyle dealt with Peyton. Noah ate almost a full pancake, until he flung the remaining pancake onto the floor. After his pancake, I fed Noah his bottle while Peyton ate his own breakfast.

When both boys were finished eating, the spent the rest of the morning playing with more toys. I had to include that last picture of Peyton so that you could see the mess they made!

Peyton was such a big helper with Noah all weekend. I just hope that he is that excited about his little brother. We had a good time watching Noah and will gladly do it again any time (hint, hint... hehe).

1 comment:

Kate said...

And we will gladly let you watch him anytime you'd like!