Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day

I had a really nice Mother's Day. Of course I am lucky enough to be Mommy to the cutest, smartest, best little boy ever! Sundays are my sleep-in days anyway, so Kyle got up with Peyton when he woke up. I slept until around 10:00. When I came downstairs, Peyton ran right over to me and yelled, "Happy Mother's Day!" It was super cute. We proceeded to play catch for a little while. Then Kyle asked Peyton if he wanted to give me my gift. Peyton said yes, then turned to me and said, "Mommy, it's fruit!" He doesn't quite get that 'keep it a secret' thing yet.

They brought me cards and my gift. Peyton (and Hunter!) got me a Mickey Mouse card. How fitting.

I got an Edible Arrangement from my boys. It had chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate covered apples, some grapes, pineapple flowers, and cantaloupe. Isn't it beautiful? It was quite yummy too! Peyton is a fruit-aholic, so he helped me eat it.

There was also a bag with another gift. Peyton helped me open it. It was an apple shaped dish and some chocolate sauce. Kyle didn't realize that everything in the arrangement was going to be chocolate covered already, so he got the extra sauce. But that's ok. I'm sure I can find something to dip in it!

Next, Peyton gave me a gift that he made in daycare.

It was this cute art project, with a picture of him, his hand prints, and a cute little poem. These gifts are better than the material ones. I'll keep it in his art book so that I can look back and remember how little he used to be.

We didn't do much for the rest of the day. We had another busy Saturday, so we just relaxed. It was pretty nice not having to go somewhere on the weekend for a change. I feel like we never have a free day.

Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms! And thanks Peyton and Kyle for making me feel special.

No comments: